Make Pilates Part of Your Routine
Summer has come and gone. School has begun and the colder weather is around the corner. Now that vacations are ending, it is time to get your health and wellness back on track!
I find that once Labor Day has passed, I go into a little bit of a mourning period for the summer that is quickly changing over to fall. I find it is sometimes challenging to ramp up my motivation to get out of the relaxed, carefree mentality of summer vacation and back into a regular exercise routine.
Well, now is a time to begin those steps to get back into a regular exercise routine. When we feel less than motivated to begin our journey into a new season, here are a few tips on how to chase away that feeling of being unmotivated:
1. Look at your schedule and set an hour each day for you to exercise. Choose an hour that is not a hectic one. That will better ensure that “life” doesn’t get in the way.
2. Choose a variety of exercise classes or physical activities that excite you. Having variety in your exercise routine can reduce the incidence of burn out and overuse injuries. Pilates, Barre, Zumba or even a spinning class are great ways to get your body back on track.
3. Sign up for classes and ask a friend to join you….having a friend to exercise with makes it more fun and you both can keep the other on track.
4. Ignite that “little voice” that encourages you to actually go and exercise. Know that you will feel so much better when you are done.
5. Keep telling yourself that you deserve that hour of exercise each and every day.
ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio can help get you motivated again and back on track so that by Christmas, you are feeling great!
Pilates Training Sessions
ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio offers a variety of classes and training sessions to meet your needs. We offer:
1. Private Pilates sessions
2. Semi-private Pilates sessions
3. Equipment classes – Reformer classes, Tower classes and an all new mat Pilates class called Pilates Playground.
4. Barre classes
5. Health Coaching
Private and semi-private Pilates sessions are a great way to get you back on track especially if you are recovering from an injury or illness.
The Barre and equipment classes to add the fun to your routine. Participating in group classes definitely help if you are feeling less than motivated to begin.
Health coaching is a great idea if you find you are struggling with your eating, exercise and wellness routine. Meeting with a health coach can help you make a plan that is best for you.
All classes and sessions are lead by Amanda B. Smith, licensed physical therapist, certified Pilates instructor, Barre instructor and certified Health Coach.
So push away those post-summer blues! Use this change in seasons as a way to start new, refocus and regain control over your mind and body. Your body will thank you for it!
Contact ABS Pilates Studio of Columbus, Ohio to find out more about the fun and exciting opportunities we offer to get you back on track.