Improving your Health
The gifts have been unwrapped and the cookies have all been eaten. All that is left are some empty boxes and maybe a few extra pounds on the hips.
Now is the time to refocus your attention on improving your health and wellness. Do you know that one of the most common New Years resolutions is to eat right and exercise?
Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else. Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain an ideal weight, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure and even improves the symptoms of arthritis. In short, exercise keeps you healthy and makes you look and feel better.
Here are a few steps you can take to improve your ability to stay committed to your goals this year:
1. Schedule time to exercise each and every day. Then go even when you don’t feel like it. The hardest part of exercise is simply going.
2. Plan your meals for the week on Sunday and go to the store with a list. If you take a few minutes every week to plan your meals, you will improve your chances of making healthier choices. Have healthy snacks available to grab and go.
3. Find a friend to workout with. You are more likely to stick to your workout program if you have someone there to encourage and motivate you.
4. Ask yourself EVERY DAY….What can I do today to be healthy and strong?
Make this the year you stay committed to yourself! ABS Pilates is here to help! Here are just a few services offered:
1. Private and semi-private Pilates sessions with a licensed physical therapist.
2. Drop-in equipment classes….Barre, Reformer and Tower classes available.
3. Health coaching – 3 and 6 month packages available
The hard part is that most of us are motivated in January, but then “life gets in the way” and our goals have been forgotten by February.
Remember….what you do today determines how you look and feel tomorrow. So what are you waiting for?